Harmonic Drive LLC, a leader in high precision motion control, introduced the HPN-L Harmonic Planetary Gearheads. HPN-L face-mount helical planetary gearheads for servo grade performance deliver affordable precision.
HPN Planetary gearheads feature a robust design utilizing helical gears for quiet performance and long life. These gearheads are available with short lead times and are designed to couple to any servo motor with our Quick-Connect coupling.
This new face-mount value series of planetary gears carry the reputation for quality and reliability for which Harmonic Drive products are known throughout the world.
HPN gearheads are suitable for use in a wide range of applications for precision motion control and positioning. HPN-L Harmonic Planetary gears are available in 3 frame sizes: 14, 20, and 32, with reduction ratios ranging from 3:1 to 50:1.
Key features of the HPN-L include:
- Peak Torque 18 Nm to 300 Nm
- Robust design
- High precision
- Backlash <5 arc-min (One stage) , < 7 arc-min (Two stage)
- Quick-Connect design for easy mounting to a wide variety of servomotors
- Reduction ratio 3:1 – 10:1 (One stage), 15:1-50:1 (Two stage)
- Helical gears for quiet performance
- Quick delivery
- Drop in replacement for popular industry dimensions
Known for its expert engineering and manufacturing, Harmonic Drive LLC products are relied upon every day throughout the motion control industry. The majority of the products sold by HDLLC are proudly made at their US headquarters and manufacturing facility in Massachusetts.
According to Harmonic Drive, potential applications for the new products include:
- Defense: Unmanned Vehicles, Remote Weapon Stations, Antenna Pointing
- Robotics: Industrial, Semiconductor & Flat Panel, Humanoid, Mobile Robots
- Medical: Surgical Robots, Medical Imaging, Therapeutic, Prosthetics, Exoskeletons, Lab Automation
- Aerospace: Solar Array Drives, Antenna Pointing, Valve Actuators, Lunar and Interplanetary Rovers
- Machine Tool: Milling Head, Tool Changer, Rotary Table, Grinding, B & C Axis
- Energy: oil exploration, drilling and positioning, wind power, solar
Key performance features of Harmonic Drive servo actuators, gearheads and component sets:
- True Zero Backlash
- Excellent positional accuracy and repeatability
- High Torque-to-Weight and Torque-to-Volume ratios
- Compact size
- High Reliability
- Single stage high reduction ratio
Tell Us What You Think!