Listen to this article
GAM said the GCL is designed to withstand the frequent start-stop impact loads of industrial robots and other motion control applications with impact resistance five times nominal torque. The GCL series is available in a wide range of sizes with ratios from 36:1 to 192:1.
According to GAM, output options for the GCL series include component boxes with a solid flanged output (GCLC F) or a hollow shaft flanged output (GCLC-H). In addition, the solid flanged output gearbox is available with a cover and motor mount (GCL-F). The GCL series can be used in a variety of applications, from robotics and automation to medical equipment, where zero-backlash and high tilting and torsional rigidity are required.
Features of the GCL series include:
- Backlash of ≤1 arcmin with lost motion of ≤1 arcmin
- Withstands frequent start-stop impact loads of industrial robots with impact resistance 5x nominal torque
- Multi-tooth meshing for torsional rigidity
- Flange output in 7 sizes with nominal output torque of 167 to 4,410 Nm and ratios of 57:1 to 192.4:1
- Flanged hollow output in 6 sizes (up to 138 mm through hole) with output torque of 490 to 4,900 Nm
- Component with loose input shaft/pinion (GCLC-F, GCLC-H)
- Gearbox with cover, integrated input, and motor mounting plate (GCL-F)
- Drops in for many competitors’ products
- Integrated motor adapter plate ready to mount your motor
- Optional integrated pre-stage