With this acquisition, Leadec expands its portfolio into parcel automation and strengthens its existing operations in North America.
Stryker said OrthoSensor’s Verasense intraoperative sensor technology will further boost Mako surgical robots, enhancing workflow through one complete data-driven feedback mechanism.
Both companies make cameras, sensor systems and unmanned systems, among other products, but there is not much overlap.
It’s official. Hyundai Motor Corp announced this morning it is acquiring a controlling stake in Boston Dynamics for about $880 million. Hyundai Motor will own 80% of Boston Dynamics, while a Softbank affiliate will retain the other 20%. The final numbers are a bit different than our initial reporting, but the deal values Boston Dynamics…
Welcome to Episode 27 of The Robot Report Podcast, which brings conversations with robotics innovators straight to you. Join us each week for discussions with leading roboticists, innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community. You can subscribe to The Robot Report Podcast on Amazon Music, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, SoundCloud, Spotify and more. Please subscribe…
Update at 1 PM EST on Dec. 11, 2020: Hyundai Motor Group announced this morning it is acquiring 80% of Boston Dynamics for $880 million. Read Story. Hyundai Motor will acquire Boston Dynamics. The acquisition will be finalized at Hyundai’s December 10 board meeting. News about the deal was first reported by The Korea Economic Daily,…
Aurora’s acquisition of Uber ATG is the latest in a series of major deals in autonomous vehicles that have yet to pan out.
Uber has abandoned efforts to develop self-driving cars in-house. Uber said today it is selling its self-driving unit, the Pittsburgh-based Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), to Aurora, an autonomous vehicle technology startup backed by Amazon and Sequoia Capital. Uber is investing $400 million into Palo Alto, Calif.-based Aurora to take a 26% stake in the combined…
Robotics investments slowed somewhat in October 2020, but transportation, healthcare, and software remained strong.
We have often said – whether on The Robot Report Podcast or in various articles – 2020 has been the year of Boston Dynamics. Well, apparently others have noticed, too. According to Bloomberg, Hyundai Motor is in talks to acquire Boston Dynamics from SoftBank Group. The Bloomberg report, which cites multiple unnamed sources, said the…
Aeva has entered into an agreement with special purpose acquisition company InterPrivate Acquisition Corp. to scale up production of its 4D lidar sensor on a chip, which it said can benefit autonomous vehicles and robotics.
Seegrid said that its purchase of lidar startup Box Robotics will help it advance its vision-guided robots for safe materials handling amid accelerating supply chain demand.
In September 2020, healthcare robotics, drones for inspection, and industrial automation received funding, but transactions slowed for autonomous vehicle developers.
ABB said its strategic purchase of Netherlands-based Codian Robotics builds on its global food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and logistics portfolio.
In August 2020, autonomous vehicles, industrial automation for manufacturing and supply chains, and healthcare robotics continued to receive funding.
SPX is adding ULC Robotics, which provides inspection robots as a service, drones, and software to utility companies, to its location and inspection portfolio.
Blue Ocean Robotics, whose venture factory develops service robots based on common technologies and then spins off units for commercialization, has raised close to $20 million and acquired the Beam telepresence robot.
Luminar Technologies, which has been developing lidar hardware and autonomous vehicle software, is merging with SPAC Gores Metropoulos as it readies its full stack for Volvo’s 2022 models.
In July 2020, autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, and surgical robots continued to receive funding at steady levels in comparison with the same period last year.
In June 2020, autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, and mobile robots benefitted from an uptick in funding.
Although May 2020 was a relatively slow month for robotics transactions, autonomous vehicle companies such as Waymo, Didi Chuxing, and Tesla continued to receive investments.