Welcome to Episode 67 of The Robot Report Podcast, which brings conversations with robotics innovators straight to you. Join us each week for discussions with leading roboticists, innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
In today’s episode, Steve and Mike discuss a number of a large robotic company funding announcements that happened over the last week, totaling nearly $1 billion. If this trend continues, it may be a record year for investments into robotics-related organizations.
In the featured interview this week, Mike Oitzman talked Jan Becker CEO and co-founder of Apex.AI and Joe Speed, VP product & chief evangelist for Apex.AI. They discuss the software and operating system needs for autonomous vehicles and discuss how Apex.AI contributed to the success of the recent Autonomous Challenge @CES autonomous racing event.
Links from the show this week:
- Submit your nomination for the 2022 RBR50
- Addverb Technologies brings in $132 million investment
- Wayve closes $200M for learning-based autonomous driving
- Exotec raises $335M to scale ASRS technology
- Build With Robots closes Series A funding of $5M
- SESTO closes Series A+ funding round of $5.7M
- Local Motors, the company behind Olli, closes its doors
- New AutoStore R5+ robot handles larger bins
- Autonomous Challenge at CES Full Broadcast Archive
- Apex.AI website
If you would like to be a guest on an upcoming episode of the podcast, or if you have recommendations for future guests or segment ideas, contact Steve Crowe or Mike Oitzman.
For sponsorship opportunities of The Robot Report Podcast, contact Courtney Nagle for more information.
We want your feedback:
Tell us what you think are the most interesting robotics trends that will impact us in 2022? Leave us a voicemail.
Tell Us What You Think!