Welcome to Episode 83 of The Robot Report Podcast, which brings conversations with robotics innovators straight to you. Join us each week for discussions with leading roboticists, innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
This week, cohosts Steve Crowe and Mike Oitzman discuss the recent ban of autonomous tractors in California and what this means for the AGTECH industry to be able to test new autonomous agricultural solutions in California.
Featured interview this week is with Anders Beck, VP of Innovation and Strategy at Universal Robots. Anders introduces us to the new UR20 robot that was launched at Automatica 2022 this week.
Links from the show:
- California denies autonomous tractor permit to Monarch Tractor
- Disney Mobile Robot Patent Application
- Cruise hits milestone by charging for robotaxis rides in SF
- A decade after acquiring Kiva, Amazon unveils its first AMR
- Meet UR20: Universal Robots’ fastest, strongest cobot ever
- Nominations for the MassRobotics – Robotics Medal (ends July 15, 2022)
- Call for presentations is open:
Special music in the episode this week is a bluegrass tune called Tennessee Mine, recorded by Sam Hill and licensed with a Creative Commons, Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 US)
For sponsorship opportunities of The Robot Report Podcast, contact Courtney Nagle for more information.
We want your feedback:
Tell us what you think are the most interesting robotics trends that will impact us in 2022? Leave us a voicemail.