On the show this week cohosts Mike Oitzman and Gene Demaitre have a conversation with Zipline CTO and co-founder Keenan Wyrobek about the state of the company. We also get to learn more details about the design of the new Zip delivery “Droid” with lead droid engineer, Stephen Killian.
Check out the Mark Rober YouTube video, where Mark goes to Uganda to visit the Zipline launch facility.
In The News this week
- New Atlas video from Boston Dynamics
- Video shows Atlas performing tasks moving heavy automotive struts
- Atlas moves the struts from a vertical pallet onto a vertical storage in a flow cart.
- The bad news continues for autonomous vehicles
- Cruise and Motional see funding slashed
- GM-backed Cruise will see its budget cut by $1 billion and one of Motional’s two leading backers will no longer fund the company.
- Autonomous vehicles drove more than 9M miles in California in 2023
- Agtech startup Small Robot Company shutting down
- Every startup founder’s nightmare: the company couldn’t secure the funding in time to keep the company afloat.