A newly announced breakfast keynote at the Robotics Summit & Expo will focus on how robotics developers can use 5G to support advanced robotics functionality, as well as how the cellular networking technology will enable new classes of robotics applications. Joshua Ness, Senior Manager, Verizon 5G Labs, will deliver the keynote session entitled “Why Innovators Are Flocking to 5G (and What You Should Do About It)” at 8:30 a.m. on June 5, 2019.
The Robotics Summit & Expo runs June 5-6, 2019, at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston, Mass.
5G and the next generation of robotics
Ness is a manager at Verizon’s 5G Laboratory in New York. He works with academic teams, startups, and large enterprises to advance innovation around 5G through hackathons, prototyping challenges, and industry partnerships. Ness also serves as a mentor to entrepreneurs.
In his breakfast keynote session, Ness will describe how robotics engineering teams can take advantage of 5G’s ultra-fast speeds, reduced latency, improved security, and greater network capacity to create commercial robotics products, services, and applications. He will share case studies of how 5G can benefit industrial robotics, education technology, and first-responder programs.
Verizon 5G Labs’ Ness joins a stellar lineup of keynote speakers at the 2019 Robotics Summit & Expo, including:
- Deepu Talla, VP and GM of Autonomous Machines, NVIDIA — Bringing AI-Powered Robots to Life
- Roger Barga, GM, AWS Robotics and Autonomous Services, Amazon Web Services — The Role of the Cloud in the Future of Robotics
- Dawn Tilbury, Head of the Directorate for Engineering, National Science Foundation — The Future of Work at the Human-Technology Frontier
- Henrik Christensen, Qualcomm Chancellor’s Chair in Robot Systems and Director, Contextual Robotics Institute, UC San Diego — What to Expect for 2020?
- Kyle Vogt, co-founder, president, and CTO, Cruise — Why Precision Maps Are Actually a Really Good Idea
- Lou Amadio, Principal Software Architect, and Cyra Richardson, General Manager Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Incubation, Microsoft – IoT, Robotics, and Automation: Evolution and Opportunities
- Dev Singh, Director of Business Development, Qualcomm Technologies — How 5G Will Usher In a New Generation of Connected Robots
About the Robotics Summit & Expo
Robotics Summit & Expo 2019 will be held on June 5-6 at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston. The global event is produced by WTWH Media LLC, the parent organization of The Robot Report. It features sessions and panels with industry leaders in four tracks, as well as more than 70 exhibitors. The conference and exposition are designed to help engineers learn about the latest tools to advance the state of commercial robotics products and services.
The Robotics Summit & Expo is co-located with the MassRobotics Robotics Engineering Career Fair, DeviceTalks Boston, and the Future of Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering workshop. In addition, Amazon Web Services is offering its free AWS RoboMaker Immersion Day on June 4 leading into the summit.
Register now to attend the Robotics Summit & Expo. Discounts are available to academics and association members.
Tell Us What You Think!