Listen to this article
For over a decade, Robotics Business Review’s RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards have highlighted the most creative and influential innovations from around the world that have advanced the state of robotics. RBR invites technology, product, and services providers to submit an entry for the 2023 RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards.
The deadline for submission is January 13, 2023. The entry form is below, following the description of the RBR50 awards and eligibility requirements. RBR is a sister publication of The Robot Report.
Many Innovation Types
Robotics innovation can take many forms – technological, business, market, and investment – that act individually, or in confluence, to accelerate robotics sector growth. The sources for robotics innovation can be technology, product, and services providers, but also academics and researchers, governmental and private business development groups, and the investment community.
1. Business and Management Innovation
Entries should describe business and management initiatives or practices that enhance a company’s commercial standing, foster robotics sector growth or improve society. Innovative business and management categories include:
- Leadership – Setting goals and taking action that results in improved business performance, outperforming the competition, inspiring others, or other positive conclusions
- Market engagement – Actions that increase the interaction between a company and its customers, partners, or the robotics sector
- Business models – Novel approaches for selling robotics products or services, including market expansion, new product introduction, acquisitions and investments, and more
- Social good – Initiatives that provide a positive social benefit such as improving sustainability, encouraging diversity, increasing workplace safety, and supporting underserved groups or communities
2. Technology, Product, and Services Innovation
Submissions should describe innovative technologies or services that entered the commercial market after January 2021.
- Primary or Applied Research – Research published between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022 focused on robotics, automation and supporting technologies and methods that are expected to advance the commercial robotics sector
- Product Introduction – Innovative technologies and products that were released and made available for sale to individuals, companies and other groups in the industrial, commercial, public sector, and consumer markets
- Services Introduction – Includes newly introduced business, engineering or technology services. Examples include design, development and manufacturing services, legal services, and Robotics-as-a-Service offerings
3. Application and Market Innovation
These RBR50 entries should feature newly developed applications for specific sectors that deliver value, provide entry to new markets, or improve performance over existing approaches by improving productivity, increasing quality, reducing costs, etc. Markets include:
- Construction / demolition
- Defense / public safety / security
- Energy / utilities
- Healthcare / medical / rehabilitation
- Retail / wholesale
- Supply chain / logistics
Benefits for RBR50 Honorees
The RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards offers a unique branding, marketing and education opportunity. Benefits for RBR50 honorees include:
- A press release announcing the winners of the 2023 RBR50 Innovation Awards will be sent out over the wire, as well as pushed through WTWH Media’s Robotics Group extensive technology and business social media channels.
- A searchable listing and profiles of the 2023 RBR50 Innovation Award winners will be hosted on Robotics Business Review. RBR50 winners will be cited as part of ongoing robotics coverage throughout the year.
- 2023 RBR50 Innovation Award winners will be included in a special RBR50 Innovation Award publication produced by The Robot Report to be inserted into Design World Magazine as a print publication (40,000 circulation) and downloadable e-magazine.
For a searchable listing of the 2022 RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards winners click HERE.
To download The Robot Report June 2022 Digital Edition featuring the RBR50 Robotics Innovation Awards click HERE.
To be eligible for the 2023 RBR50 Robotics Innovation Award, the submission must refer to an innovation that was initiated, released, or executed between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022. The selected 2023 RBR50 honorees will be announced in mid-April, 2023.
For questions regarding the 2023 RBR50 innovation awards, please contact Steve Crowe