Comparing 2013 to 2012, demand for robotics skills increased 13% year-over-year. Further evaluation shows that the bulk of hiring is in the healthcare sector.
WANTED Analytics, a research firm analyzing the quantity and type of job wanted ads, reported that there were 45,000 jobs for robotics skilled professionals advertised online during 2013. Healthcare jobs accounted for 35% of robotics hiring demand with 16,000 positions, surpassing demands for tech and engineering occupations.
Job requirements posted in those help wanted ads included the following:
- Design, develop, and analyze devices for the expansion of the image guided robotics program for minimally invasive procedures and surgery
- Conduct or assist surgical procedures including minimally invasive robotic surgical procedures
- Provide expertise/design/implementation and set standards for robotic systems
- Integrate robotics systems to improve manufacturing and other operations
- Write programming code for ad hoc robotic applications
- Facilitate automation expansion
- Design, build, install, and troubleshoot high-tech, high-speed, automated robotic electro-mechanical machinery systems
Source: WANTED Analytics
Tell Us What You Think!