On the podcast this week we interview 2023 Joseph F. Engelberger winner Roberta Nelson Shea about her career in robotics safety standards development.
On the show this week we interview Roberta Nelson Shea, Global Technical Compliance Officer, Universal Robots. Roberta was selected as the 2023 Joseph F. Engelberger Application winner for her outstanding work over the course of her career in global robotics safety. For over 45 years, she has been one of the central figures in the development of industrial robot safety standards in North America and around the world.
Roberta shares some great stories from her experience leading the development of global robotics safety standards. She brings a unique perspective to the critical importance of robotics safety and is well deserving of the Joseph F. Engelberger award this year.
News this week:
We introduced the new cable robot company Robot9.
- Workspace coverage of up to 35m x 35m x 15m
- Ability to lift loads of up to 100kg
- PAL Robotics introduces TIAGo Pro Edition mobile manipulator (The Mobile Robot Guide)
- NVIDIA unveils updates for Metropolis for Factories, Isaac AMR & more (The Robot Report)
- Ukrainian tractor automation company develops homegrown demining solution (The Mobile Robot Guide)
You can also find the show on your favorite podcast app. Please like and subscribe to the show.
Also, please share the show with your friends and colleagues who might be interested in robotics.