Listen to this article
Welcome to Episode 49 of The Robot Report Podcast, which brings conversations with robotics innovators straight to you. Join us each week for discussions with leading roboticists, innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
In this episode, we sit down for a conversation with robotics industry “head hunter” Jeff Chapman. Jeff is the founder and principle at The Chapman Group, and he has been recruiting for companies within the robotics industry since 1982. Steve and Mike talk to Jeff about the current state of the robotics in North America. He works exclusively for industrial automation firms recruiting “customer facing” roles from executive roles to individual contributors.
The conversation starts with a discussion about how recruiting and hiring changed over the last year during the pandemic lockdown. We also discuss how tradeshows and marketing evolved during the pandemic, and how that reflects the role of sales as the industry evolves and emerges from the shutdown.
- Revenue for Teradyne robotics group hits $92M in Q2
- inVia Robotics raises $30M Series C for warehouse automation
- Labor shortage survey [Business Insider]
- An inside look at Japan’s answer to Stephen Curry: CUE5, the basketball-shooting robot [Washington Post]
- ATX West 2021 Show
- Jeff Chapman’s LinkedIn Profile:
- The Chapman Group Website
- GEDALIFE Youtube channel (Jeff’s band):