Listen to this article
At ProMat 2023, OTTO Motors unveiled its newest AMR – the OTTO 600. The OTTO 600 extends OTTO Motors’ portfolio to five different models that can carry payloads from 100kg (297 lbs) to 1,500kg (4,200 lbs). OTTO AMRs are designed to automate material handling operations in manufacturing and logistics facilities.
OTTO 600 unlocks important new workflows with its ability to move pallets, carts and other payloads up to 600 kg (1,322 lb). With an all-metal construction and IP54 rating, OTTO 600 follows the OTTO Motors legacy of AMRs built to deliver results in the most demanding of factory environments.
“In 2015, OTTO 1500 defined the heavy-class AMR category. In 2017, OTTO 100 quickly became responsible for the industry’s largest AMR installations. In 2022, we launched OTTO Lifter, the world’s first truly autonomous forklift. Today, we’re proud to announce OTTO 600, a mid-range AMR offering the perfect balance of strength and agility,” said Matt Rendall, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of OTTO Motors. “Powered by our industry-leading autonomous software, OTTO now offers an unmatched material handling portfolio.”
- Maneuverable in tight spaces: OTTO 600 offers capabilities of larger AMRs with the maneuverability needed to get around in constrained spaces like work cells.
- Durable build for demanding environments: In addition to a rugged, all-metal body, OTTO 600 offers a superior ability to withstand dust and fluids with IP54 construction.
- Fast and safe around people and objects: OTTO 600 works quickly and safely alongside people thanks to advanced sensors and OTTO’s proven autonomy software.
- Versatile to get different jobs done: Capable of moving carts and pallets, as well as connecting islands of automation, OTTO 600 unlocks limitless workflows including lineside delivery, work cell delivery and palletizer to stretch-wrapper transport.
- 600kg (1,322 lb) payload capacity
- 4.5 mph (2 m/s) maximum speed
- 1050 mm x 700 mm x 320 mm (41.3″ x 27.6″ x 12.6″) footprint
- IP54 rating
OTTO 600 is available through the existing global network of OTTO Motors system integrators and material handling solution providers.
New software release
OTTO’s latest software release, version 2.28, delivers faster and safer traffic movement and a new facility configuration interface for quicker workflow set-up. OTTO Motors invests heavily in software development to constantly evolve and deliver the smartest AMR software. This marks the sixth software release in the last three years. The OTTO AMR software suite is the most proven solution in the industry with over four million hours of production driving experience and is trusted for large-scale deployments by the most reputed brands like Toyota and GE.
“The success of large-scale, deeply integrated deployments depends significantly on effective fleet management, which is why we are continuously evolving our fleet manager. In this software upgrade, we are introducing new traffic management functionality that enables users to create different rules of the road for groups of different OTTO AMRs in the facility, resulting in faster traffic movement and improved safety,” said Jay Judkowitz, VP of Product at OTTO Motors. “As our customers continue to deploy a variety of models from OTTO in complex environments, this is a game changer.”
Software release features include:
- Team-Based Traffic Control: Customers can create traffic zones for specific robot types. For example, operators can specify lanes where larger AMRs cannot enter, ensuring smaller AMRs remain unblocked and are able to keep moving for higher throughput.
- New and intuitive facility configuration interface: Customers can now save up to 50% of the time required to set up facility maps and workflows. It is also easier for customers to use, learn and adapt to the system.
- Interoperability: OTTO Motors was the first AMR vendor to support the well-known AGV standard, VDA5050, empowering customers to manage dissimilar types of material handling solutions from a third-party master controller interface.
- New pallet types: OTTO Lifter now supports BulkPak® 4845 HDMP series bins, enabling customers to move more pallets of their choice.
Since its inception, OTTO Motors has helped customers achieve throughput improvements as high as 600% and return on investment in as little as 11 months in different industry verticals. This launch of OTTO 600 and new software enables OTTO Motors to help manufacturers automate a larger part of their material handling operations and achieve higher ROI.
OTTO 600 and the latest software will be showcased in booth #N7537 at PROMAT on March 20-23, 2023 in Chicago IL.