Santa Clara, California – Animatics Corporation, pioneer of Integrated Servo Technology has taken their best selling Integrated Servos, the SM2315D and SM2315DT and added power and functionality, while lowering the cost. The new products are called the SM2316D-PLS2 and the SM2316DT-PLS2.
As before, these small servomotors are actually complete servo systems with built-in controller, amplifier and encoder, and are so programmable they often control entire machines. The “-PLS2” versions have undergone many enhancements.
1. Higher encoder resolution (4000cpr) offers smoother velocity and tighter position control.
2. Enhanced Trajectory Overshoot Braking Functions stop larger loads – fast.
3. New High-Speed Position Capture Input enables < 5 microsecond registration.
4. Interrupt Subroutines enhance Error Handling and Input triggered events.
5. Programmable Software Over-Travel Limits eliminate cabling.
6. Choice of Absolute and Relative CAM Mode with CAM Dwell.
7. Added RS-485 port for easy communication with external devices.
8. More sophisticated drive-stage protection scheme resulting in higher torque available to the user, making the SM2316DT-PLS2 deliver more than 200 Watts of continuous shaft power, far more than any integrated servo of comparable size.
Further enhancements increase performance in coordinated-motion CNC applications utilizing JenCNC and SMNC host level CNC control programs for Plasma, Laser, and Water Jet cutting as well as CNC Routing and Milling.
Notwithstanding the added features and performance, the SM2316D-PLS2 and the SM2316DT-PLS2 are priced LOWER than their predecessors, further enabling machine builders to deploy Integrated Servo Technology to lower costs through shortened development times, shortened build times, and lower overall machine size and cost.