Listen to this article
FORT Robotics announced its Nano Safety Controller (NSC) at MODEX 2022 last week. The NSC is an embeddable board that lets users build FORT wireless communication and safety technology directly into their machines. It’s the latest product in the company’s line of safety and security technology.
With the NSC embedded, users are able to send commands through the company’s patented technology for safety and data integrity without any bolt-on hardware. Users can send wireless emergency stopping, sprint or crawl, change in state and other critical commands.
Users have the ability to control large deployments of robots by embedding NSC into each robot and sending commands to them simultaneously.
NSC, along with a FORT software agent, is able to communicate over almost any network, including WIFI and other IP networks. The company utilizes black channel communication principles to isolate and transmit critical safety data, regardless of the network. The controller also comes with error detection and latency control built in.
- Wireless E-Stop: A wireless button that can stop any machine from a safe distance.
- Safe Remote Control: A remote controller that allows for safer autonomous systems by taking manual control of machines, or stopping a machine remotely with a built-in emergency stop button
- Vehicle Safety Controller: A transceiver that acts as an input, output or bridge.
- Endpoint Controller: A controller that can send, receive and execute trusted commands over wireless networks.
- Fort Manager Software: A cloud application that allows users to monitor their FORT Pro devices.