Listen to this article
Epson Robotics launched a new generation of its flagship SCARA robotics product line: the GX4 and GX8 robots.
This new product line leverages 40 years of expertise to deliver some of the fastest pick and place speeds in the market. This speed makes the GX4/GX8 ideal for medical device, electronics and consumer electronics industries.
If you are attending the upcoming Automate show in Detroit, the GX robots will be showcased for the first time in North America at Automate in Detroit, Mich., from June 6-9 in booth #2018.
The robots features the advanced Epson GYROPLUS technology. Offering multiple arm configurations, a 250-350 mm reach with the GX4 and a 450-650 mm reach with the GX8, the robots can achieve ultra-high precision with tasks including assembly, pick and place and intricate small-parts handling processes. Both robots have battery-less encoders, built-in Ethernet cables and other advanced features to support a remarkably low cost of ownership.
Boost mode enables faster acceleration than the existing G series robots. The acceleration and motion is smooth thanks to the use of embedded sensors that track the acceleration profile and use the data to better control the motion of the arm.
“As the demand for automation continues across all industries, Epson pushes the envelope by providing high-performance solutions with leading-edge precision to meet the most demanding tasks,” said Scott Marsic, group product manager, Epson Robots. “With the new GX Series, the GX4 and GX8 SCARA robots allow users to manage robotic solutions powerfully and with a compact footprint. Integration with Epson RC+® software helps manufacturers get the most out of their robots in terms of simplicity and performance.”
The new high-power SCARA robots are equipped with larger motors to handle heavy workloads at fast speeds. The GX4 can handle payloads up to 4 kg and the GX8 can handle up to 8 kg, both use a smaller form factor of a table top SCARA robot.
Equipped with Epson RC+ industrial automation development software, the GX4 and GX8 offer ultimate ease of use. An intuitive and feature-packed software, Epson RC+ streamlines automation to effortlessly design complex and robust robotic solutions with a simple interface, advanced integrated solutions and advanced 3D simulator.
Additional features include:
- Low residual vibration – fast settling times with proprietary Epson GYROPLUS vibration reduction system and rigid arm design, plus no ringing or overshoot
- Optimized footprint – multiple mount and cable bottom exit options
- GX4 options include 250, 300 and 350 mm reach and a unique curved arm (350 mm) to maximize work envelope
- GX8 options include 450, 550 and 650 mm reach and a longer Z axis
- Built for demanding environments – Standard, Cleanroom (ISO3) and ESD, and new standalone ESD models available; GX8 also supports Protected IP65
- Advanced integrated options – Vision Guidance, Parts Feeding, Force Guidance, Conveyor Tracking, Fieldbus, API.NET, and Arm Length Calibration