Listen to this article
Epson Robots announced updates to its T-Series line with the T3-B and T6-B All-in-One SCARA robots. The T3-B and T6-B SCARA robots offer high-quality and high-performance to simplify both complex and simple automation applications such as packaging, pick and place, dispensing and inspection.
These all-in-one industrial robots include the same software, features and reliability found in Epson’s high-end robots, while keeping total cost of ownership low in industries spanning automotive, medical development, lab automation, consumer electronics, electronic components and industrial.
“Epson strives to simplify automation for all users and the new T3-B and T6-B are designed to provide uncomplicated solutions with productive outcomes,” said Scott Marsic, group product manager at Epson. “Paired with the no-code Epson RC+ Express software, users can add the robots to automation systems in no time.”
Epson’s new SCARA robots tout an all-in-one, space-saving design that includes a built-in controller housed in the robot’s base with power for end-of-arm tooling. The T3-B and T6-B are compatible with Epson’s suite of integrated options including vision guidance, IntelliFlex parts feeding, teach pendants, field bus master and slave interface boards. Additional updates include an improved form factor design and updated motion control for smoother, faster cycle times.
The T3-B and T6-B come equipped with the feature-packed Epson RC+ and no-code Epson RC+ Express industrial automation development software. A visual-based teaching environment, Epson RC+ Express is designed for users with little-to-no programming experience to develop simple, powerful robotic programs.
- Includes same software, features and reliability found in Epson’s high-end robots, while helping to keep the total cost of ownership low
- Standard 110 V and 220 V power – low wattage and power consumption (no special panel or plug required)
- Built-in power for end-of-arm tooling – eliminates the need for an external power source
- No battery required for encoder – minimizes downtime and reduces overall cost of ownership
- Other integrated options – teach pendant, field bus master and slave interface boards available, including EtherNet/IP and add on instructions for easy integration with Allen Bradley PLC’s
The T3-B ($7,495) and the T6-B ($9,495) All-in-One SCARA robots will be available in mid-March through Epson Robots channel of distributor partners.